Neighborhood Summit 2010 - Call for Presentations
The Summit is a daylong event aimed at bringing together neighbors from across the region and providing them with a forum to meet, exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. The theme for the event, Neighborhood Connections, Regional Voices, expresses the importance of strengthening neighborhoods while building a collaborative regional voice. This year we expect as many as 700 attendees, representing neighborhoods, community-based organizations, homeowner associations and civic groups, as well as the business, nonprofit and public sectors.
Individuals or groups interested in submitting possible presentations can find instructions and an application on the Neighborhood Summit web site.
The deadline is April 28, 2010, and presentations should fit within in the following five content areas:
- 1. Creating Civic Organizations that Last
- 2. Developing a Deeper Understanding of Regional Issues and How They Affect Your Neighborhood
- 3. Getting Organized for Lobbying and Advocacy Efforts
- 4. Meeting the Changing Needs of Residents
- 5. Advancing Neighborhoods into the 21st Century with Technology